Hive Home, Gift, and Garden
• Prepare and secure furniture and other goods for delivery
• Professionally execute delivery of furniture and other goods to clients
• Remain flexible to support the needs of the business
• Previous experience delivering furniture to residential properties
• Valid driver's license with a clean driving history
• Experience with operating large delivery vehicles
• Ability to team-lift weight in excess of 100lbs
• Creative problem-solving skills
• Experience leading delivery team(s) is preferred
The HR Specialist is responsible for enhancing department functions by planning, implementing and developing training, on-boarding, and employee orientation programs, the administration of employee benefits, payroll administration, annual benefits audit preparation, maintaining employee handbook and HR procedures manual, and answer employee questions regarding pay, benefits, policies and procedures.
• Strict adherence to company confidentiality and demonstrates ethical, fair, and honorable standards.
• Review and update HR and employee related forms to ensure forms are current and compliant, and all company related entities are using current and consistent forms.
•Assist with developing and implementing training and on-boarding programs.
• Assist with updating and maintaining Hive Collective’s Policy Handbook.
• Respond to employee inquiries regarding payroll and benefits, including health, 401k, PTO, FMLA, and general employee personnel issues.
• Assist Managers with recruitment and interview process, including phone screens, posting job ads, scheduling applicants, sending application information, and gathering feedback as necessary.
• Schedule and conduct new employee orientation activities including meeting arrangements, compilation of new hire paperwork, and overview of timekeeping and payroll systems.
• Input new employee information into payroll and timekeeping systems to create employee record.
• Verify I-9 documentation and maintain file.
• Assist with creating personnel files using electronic and file based systems.
• Conduct benefits enrollment for eligible employees; assists with benefit administration including paid time off, health insurance, and 401k when employees are eligible.
• Assist with annual performance review process.
• Compile data from multiple entities in preparation for annual reviews, including but not limited to annual salary spreadsheets for employees.
• Payroll Processing; Compile payroll data (i.e. hours worked from electronic timekeeping system) and input HR/payroll data and tracks the bi-weekly payroll and timecard cycle.
• Review wages computed and corrects errors to ensure accuracy of payroll.
• Prepare detailed and accurate payroll reports for accounting department.
• Assist with maintaining file system and files correspondence and other records.
• Participate in administrative staff meetings and assists with planning company events.
• Maintain accurate record of Paid and Unpaid Time Off leave.
• Assist with miscellaneous assignments as needed.
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field.
• 5-7 years in similar HR Generalist position with payroll and benefits administration.
• Proficient in Apple software, numbers, pages, Microsoft Outlook 365.
• 2 to 3 years using web based electronic payroll systems, preferably Paychex.
• Ability to prioritize workload, multi-task and work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
• Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills necessary to communicate and work effectively with management and co-workers.
• Ability to understand, interpret, develop and communicate company policies and procedures.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and strong customer service skills.
• Ability to empathize and defuse sensitive or contentious employee issues.
• As our company grows, your roles and responsibilities may change and flexibility is key.
Hive Home, Gift & Garden and Hive for Kids
Full time / Part time
• Demonstrate knowledge of products and services to customers
• Monitor inventory levels and restock as needed
• Assist visual manager with in-store displays and vignettes
• Support in processing merchandise shipments
• Gift Wrap as needed
• Remaining flexible to support the needs of the business
• Ability to learn specifics of our wide range of product collections
• Thorough, detailed and solutions oriented
• Proficient in Microsoft Office and MAC programs